hugo blog rewrite
i finally got sick of some outstanding bashblog bugs and decided to rewrite my blog with hugo
why fix something that ain’t broken?
my theory is that the cognitive load of dealing with those bugs has been preventing me from writing any new posts… (among other current events).
plus i guess i just needed a project!
the hard part
it was a bit of a struggle to get my blogposts converted over to a proper format.
bashblog maintains the tags with a plaintext link line at the bottom of the file
and keeps track of modify dates on the filesystem using
date -r and
to keep them up to date.
this makes it hard to work with the blog in any place other than where it’s already deployed live. additionally, parsing the tags to another format was a bit of a headache…
i ended up writing a little script to pull the timestamp from bashblog’s generated html since i no longer had the original file metadata.
time to write more
i’m always tempted to play with the publishing process instead of actually writing.
we’ll see how well i can avoid the temptation now!